[Rd] Custom per-package options passed down via library() ?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Feb 20 02:10:49 CET 2007

I want to load an in-house library 'differently' in a particular context and,
to achieve this, would like to govern the behaviour of its .onLoad()
function.

In a related context, Frank Harrell and I have been wondering on and off
about how to tell Hmisc to be less verbose in certain situations.  He
achieves this by placing information in a custom field in options().
I could do the same in my case -- but am wondering if there is a better way.
Is there?

Any hints welcome!

Regards, Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison