[Rd] Wish list

Philippe Grosjean phgrosjean at sciviews.org
Tue Jan 2 08:07:36 CET 2007

Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
> This is my 2007 New Year wishlist for R features:

[Wishes 1-14 deleted from this message]

> 15. tcl tile library (needs tcl 8.5 or to be compiled in with 8.4)

Well, there is tcltk2 on CRAN that provides this. Currently, it is for
Windows only, but the limitation is really because the package provides
tile as a Windows binary (so that it works and uses the adequate tile
version for this R package under Windows). I should rework this and
simply tell in the package help that tile must be installed manually on
other platforms.

Note that L am currently reworking tcltk2, so that change will be
available... in the couple next months.

Best wishes for 2007,

Philippe Grosjean