[Rd] troubles installing SJava for R

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jan 3 10:58:12 CET 2007

It seems the version of SJava you used needs updating.  (install.R was
deprecated long ago, formally so in 2.3.0, and R_PPStackTop was never
part of the API.)

Please do as the R posting guide asked you to, and contact the maintainer.
(It also asked you not to report on obselete versions of R.)

SJava is part of the Omegahat project, and that has its own mailing list:
R-devel is not appropriate.

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Erik van Zijst wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am using R 2.4.0 and SJava 0.69-0 on linux.

'linux' is too vague here.  My guess is that you are using R compiled as a
shared library using a compiler that support visibility attributes.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk