[Rd] pb in regular expression with the character "-" (PR#9437)

Fan xiao.gang.fan1 at libertysurf.fr
Thu Jan 4 21:52:07 CET 2007

Let me detail a bit my bug report:

the two commands ("expected" vs "strange") should return the
same result, the objective of the commands is to test the presence
of several characters, '-'included.

The order in which we specify the different characters must not be
an issue, i.e., to test the presence of several characters, including
say char_1, the regular expressions [char_1|char_2|char_3] and
[char_2|char_1|char_3] should play the same role. Other softwares
work just like this.

What's reported is that R actually returns different result for the
character "-" (\- in a RE) regarding it's position in the regular
expression, and the "perl" option would not be relevant.