[Rd] Scoping issues

Chris Eisley chris at cepheus.net
Sun Jan 7 06:29:15 CET 2007

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to split up a large R file that implements a tcl/tk gui into
several smaller ones.  The problem is that the main GUI creation
function defines many tclVars and tkframes that need to be accessible to
functions that are currently defined in main function, but which I'd
like to move to different source files.  These files make up a package,
so it seems that using source() is a bad idea.  I could try argument
passing, but there are a lot of arguments to pass in some cases.

The lexical scoping is hurting me here, but I assume there's a good way
to deal with this kind of issue.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Chris