[Rd] Scoping issues

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jan 7 15:45:37 CET 2007

I don't undersand what the issues are, but he actually said

>> These files make up a package,

and all the source files on an R packages are concatenated and loaded into
a single environment.  So my understanding of the answer to

>> I assume there's a good way to deal with this kind of issue.

is 'yes, build an R package'.

If you really don't want to do that, you cannot easily use source() with
such an environment as RcmdrEnv(), but you can use sys.source().

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk