[Rd] environmentName

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 17:31:43 CET 2007

What I was referring to was your suggestion to add a class and a Name
attribute to the environment.  That would change all references to it.
But what I would really want to do is to leave it alone unchanged so it
can be used in its original form by other applications but for my purpose
create a subobject which does not modify the original object. The problem
is that attributes are always associated with the environment itself and
not the reference to it so in order to do this one would
have to create a wrapper list(env = e, Name = "My Name") which would not
inherit any of the environment methods since its not an environment but
instead I would have to replicate every environment method myself.