[Rd] R_ParseVector API change

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Wed Jan 17 19:17:54 CET 2007

On 1/17/2007 12:53 PM, Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> Dear R developers,
>
> just a quick question: I noted that R_ParseVector () has gained an additional
> parameter (since SVN rev. 39999). Since R_ParseVector () is part of the
> public API, I'm wondering, whether this API change was intentional or not.
> Either way is fine with me, but in order to make sure the next release of
> RKWard will be compilable with R 2.5.0, I'd like to make sure, whether or not
> the change is here to stay.

The change was accidental (I forgot that R_ParseVector was in the API
when I made it), but I think it will stay.  Setting the value of this
parameter to R_NilValue gets the old behaviour.  Setting it to some
other SEXP will have that SEXP recorded as the srcfile attribute of
source references.

I think the description above is the level of detail of the
implementation that it's safe to work with.  The particular format of
source references could change.

Duncan Murdoch