[Rd] uninformative error message in R CMD check (PR#9459)

charlie at stat.umn.edu charlie at stat.umn.edu
Wed Jan 17 20:50:57 CET 2007

I just saw the following using R version 2.4.1 (2006-12-18) in
output from R CMD check.

    * checking Rd files ... WARNING
    Error in as.vector(x, mode) : invalid argument 'mode'
    Execution halted
    See the chapter 'Writing R documentation files' in manual 'Writing R
    Extensions'.

In looking at the help page (the only one in the package so far) I noticed
that there was no details section even though I wrote one.  The problem
was a missing close curly, that is, I had

    \details{
    Blah, blah, blah.
    \value{
    A list ....
    }

I don't know whether it is possible to have an actually informative
error message, but it would be nice if possible.  The error went away
and the package checked OK when I added the close curly

    \details{
    Blah, blah, blah.
    }
    \value{