[Rd] Wishlist: Sweave: allow line breaks after forward slashes (PR#9444)

Thibaut Jombart jombart at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr
Thu Jan 18 13:32:08 CET 2007

> What do the other developeRs and useRs think about this?

Hi,
I here reply as a R user.

>> This makes me quite reluctant to
>> change it:  people get upset about changes to the look of their old
>> scripts, because they trigger spurious check errors.
>

> Is it possible to add an option to specify whether "/" operators should be
> treated like "+", "-", and "*" operators or not?

> Arne

I naively assume that, if this is the first time in 10 years that such a problem arises, it is a rather uncommon one, or at least to scarce to add an option which would seem quite surprising to most of the R users. However, anyone meeting this problem would now be able to correct it using your patch ;-)

Regards,

Thibaut.

--

Thibaut JOMBART