[Rd] Error in loadNamespace(name) (PR#9464)

ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jan 27 09:27:28 CET 2007

It does not help, except to show that your original report was not a
true reflection of the situation, and that you are not willing to give
the more information that we did ask for, namely the saved image.

When I do what you said you did, there is no reference to 'lattice' in the
saved image.

It seems likely that

1) Your Windows setup is not factory-fresh in ways that you have not told
us.

2) Your 'Lunix' setup is broken, as Peter Dalgaard suggested.

I am going to close this non-bug report.

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007, Ross Darnell wrote:

> Thank you for your reply. There is some more information that may help your
> reproduce the error.
>
> The .RData file was generated under  MSWindows.  I started with an empty
> workspace and generated an object by
>
> y <- runif(200)
>
> or very similar.
>
> the quit, saving the workspace. (NTFS partition)
>
> I then logged out of  Windows, logged into Lunix (Ubuntu Edgy Eft), cd'ed to
> where the .RData file lived and tried to start R.
>
> I have had the same experience with larger (real) workspaces. If I remove the
> .RData file there is no problem.
>
> Regards
> Ross Darnell
>

> Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
>> There is nothing here to reproduce.
>> It clearly depends on your .RData, which is not available to us.
>> Unless you can make it available, we cannot help.
>>
>> On Thu, 25 Jan 2007, r.darnell at uq.edu.au wrote:
>>
>>> Full_Name: Ross Darnell
>>> Version: 2.4.1
>>> OS: Linux
>>> Submission from: (NULL) (130.102.133.33)
>>>

>>> rdarnell at pc:~/Data$ ls -al .RData
>>> -rwxrwxrwx 2 root root 13551 2006-12-06 08:58 .RData
>>> rdarnell at pc:~/Data$ R
>>>
>>> R version 2.4.1 (2006-12-18)
>>> Copyright (C) 2006 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
>>> ISBN 3-900051-07-0
>>>
>>> R is free software and comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
>>> You are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.
>>> Type 'license()' or 'licence()' for distribution details.
>>>
>>>  Natural language support but running in an English locale
>>>
>>> R is a collaborative project with many contributors.
>>> Type 'contributors()' for more information and
>>> 'citation()' on how to cite R or R packages in publications.
>>>
>>> Type 'demo()' for some demos, 'help()' for on-line help, or
>>> 'help.start()' for an HTML browser interface to help.
>>> Type 'q()' to quit R.
>>>
>>> Error in loadNamespace(name) : there is no package called 'lattice'
>>> Fatal error: unable to restore saved data in .RData
>>>
>>> rdarnell at pc:~/Data$ R --no-restore-data

>>> Error in loadNamespace(name) : there is no package called 'lattice'
>>>

>>> --please do not edit the information below--
>>>
>>> Version:
>>> platform = i486-pc-linux-gnu
>>> arch = i486
>>> os = linux-gnu