[Rd] termplot - changes in defaults

John Maindonald John.Maindonald at anu.edu.au
Tue Jul 3 16:20:10 CEST 2007

While termplot is under discussion, here's another proposal. I'd like to
change the default for partial.resid to TRUE, and for smooth to
panel.smooth.  I'd be surprised if those changes were to break existing
code.

John Maindonald             email: john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
phone : +61 2 (6125)3473    fax  : +61 2(6125)5549
Centre for Mathematics & Its Applications, Room 1194,
John Dedman Mathematical Sciences Building (Building 27)
Australian National University, Canberra ACT 0200.

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007, Bill.Venables at csiro.au wrote:

> Precisely.  Thanks Brian.
>
> I did do something like this but not nearly so elegantly.
>
> I suggest this become the standard version in the next release.  I can't

Yes, that was the intention (to go into R-devel).
(It was also my intention to attach as plain text, but my Windows mailer
seems to have defeated that.)

> see that it can break any existing code.  It's a pity now we can't make
> ylim = "common" the default.

I suspect we could if I allow a way to get the previous behaviour
(ylim="free", I think).

Brian