[Rd] dict package: dictionary data structure for R

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Sat Jul 21 23:01:47 CEST 2007

Hi all,

The dict package provides a dictionary (hashtable) data
structure much like R's built-in environment objects, but with the
following differences:

  - The Dict class can be subclassed.

  - Four different hashing functions are implemented and the user can
    specify which to use when creating an instance.

I'm sending this here as opposed to R-packages because this package
will only be of interest to developers and because I'd like to get
feedback from a slightly smaller community before either putting it on
CRAN or retiring it to /dev/null.

The design makes it fairly easy to add additional hashing functions,
although currently this must be done in C.  If nothing else, this
package should be useful for evaluating hashing functions (see the
vignette for some examples).

Source:
  R-2.6.x: http://userprimary.net/software/dict_0.1.0.tar.gz
  R-2.5.x: http://userprimary.net/software/dict_0.0.4.tar.gz

Windows binary:
  R-2.5.x: http://userprimary.net/software/dict_0.0.4.zip

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | Computational Biology | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
http://bioconductor.org