[Rd] dict package: dictionary data structure for R

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Mon Jul 23 19:26:13 CEST 2007

Bill Dunlap <bill at insightful.com> writes:
> With environments, if you use a prime number for the size
> you get considerably better results.  E.g.,

> Perhaps new.env() should push the requested size up
> to the next prime by default.

Perhaps.  I think we should also investigate other hashing functions
since computing the next prime and doing so for resizes will take
longer than not having to do it and it will add complexity to the
code.

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | Computational Biology | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
http://bioconductor.org