[Rd] Using R_MakeExternalPtr

Hin-Tak Leung hin-tak.leung at cimr.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jul 25 18:40:35 CEST 2007

As other has commented, without the rest/full of your code it is
difficult to tell... I have a few suggestions though:

- it is obviously a memory-related issue. An external pointer is partly
allocated by R and partly allocated by you - you need to check both
parts, and their individual usages.

- I think the part allocated by R is correct; you might need a few
PROTECT() somewhere unrelated in "soamSubmit" as well, when you are
playing R objects in C/C++... what I mean is, the external pointer
may be unrelated to your problem.