[Rd] Debug with set.seed()

Patrick Burns pburns at pburns.seanet.com
Sat Jun 2 09:57:22 CEST 2007

I think you will find that 'set.seed' does give you the same
random state each time.  That you don't get the same result
each time implies a bug in your code.  Looking for uninitialized
variables would probably be a good start.  Using valgrind
under Linux would most likely find the error quickly.

Also, using '<<-' is generally a bad idea.

Patrick Burns
patrick at burns-stat.com
+44 (0)20 8525 0696
http://www.burns-stat.com