[Rd] package check note: no visible global function definition (in functions using Tcl/Tk)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jun 11 17:42:27 CEST 2007

It seems that is happens if package tcltk is missing from the Depends:
list in the DESCRIPTION file.  I just tested with Amelia and homals and
that solved the various warnings in both cases.

This is not new in pre-2.6.0: you will get the same warnings in 2.5.0 if
you turn codestools-checking on -- see `Writing R Extensions'.  Only the
defaults have been changed.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk