[Rd] X11 help please

Hin-Tak Leung hin-tak.leung at cimr.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jun 21 00:52:32 CEST 2007

Duncan Murdoch wrote:
<snipped>
> I suspect that the attrib structure isn't really the problem, but I
> don't know what the problem is.  X11() works fine under Xvfb on MacOSX,
> and rgl works fine when the Xvfb server is on Linux or Cygwin (with the
> identical line to invoke Xvfb as I was using on MacOSX.)  So there's
> something special about the interaction of rgl with the MacOSX Xvfb.
<snipped>

While it is exceedingly rare (xorg developers are some of the best...)
are you talking about it working on x86/x86_64 lihux and cygwin/x86,
and not working on powerpc Mac OS X? - i.e. as opposed to possibly
  alpha/sparc/powerpc linux and x86 mac OS X?

The reason why I am asking is that intel is small-endian and
powerpc is big-endian. It is very rare, but can't say if there could
be endian-issues in the interaction. (given that most Xvfb users are
on small-endian platforms?)

It might be useful to ask at the IRC channel #freedesktop at Freenode for
debug tips - there are some seriously hardcore X11 guru's there... I am
sure they like to know if you can bring Xvfb down :-).

HTL