[Rd] extending package with function calling an Objective Caml program

Tamara Steijger tstex06 at student.vxu.se
Wed Jun 20 16:40:18 CEST 2007

Hallo,

we are trying to extend the R package multcompView in agreement with
the author Hans-Peter Piepho. The function multcompLetters implements
so far a heuristic. We would like to add a function that implements
an exact algorithm and returns a provable optimum result. This
algorithm has been implemented in Objective Caml and we would like to
reuse this code. We wrote an R function that accepts the same input
as the original function and provides the same result format. But
this function calls the Obejctive Caml executable. This means that if
the package is extended with this function the Objective Caml code
has to be included as well and one needs to assure that it is
compiled the right way if the package is loaded.

Unfortunately are we not that familiar with R and could not find
corresponding information in the documentation. Does somebody know if
something as described above is possible? And where information could
be found about how to do it?

Thanks,
Tamara Steijger