[Rd] R 2.5.0 devel try issue in conjuntion with S4 method dispatch

Matthias Burger matthias.burger at epigenomics.com
Sat Mar 17 00:17:06 CET 2007

Hi Seth,

>It isn't S4 specific.  The issue seems more about anonymous
>calls/functions.
>
>   ll = list()
>   ll[[1]] = function(x) stop("died")
>
>   v = try(do.call(ll[[1]], list(1)), silent=TRUE)
>   Error in as.list(call)[[1]] == "doTryCatch" :
>   	comparison (1) is possible only for atomic and list types
>   > v
>   Error: object "v" not found

>I don't fully understand why the call is being computed, but the
>following seems to get things going.
>
>+ seth

I applied your patch and the issues seems to be resolved.  Now I just wait
to see if all test case failures related to this disappear.

Thank you for your kind help!

  Matthias

--
Matthias Burger                     Project Manager/ Biostatistician
Epigenomics AG    Kleine Praesidentenstr. 1    10178 Berlin, Germany
http://www.epigenomics.com           matthias.burger at epigenomics.com
--
Epigenomics AG Berlin           Amtsgericht Charlottenburg HRB 75861
Vorstand:   Geert Nygaard (CEO/Vorsitzender),  Dr. Kurt Berlin (CSO)