[Rd] free variable, built-in R functions

Jiangtian Li jli3 at ncsu.edu
Mon Mar 19 17:06:30 CET 2007

Hi,

I have one question about built-in R functions. I am looking into
interprocedural analysis and since R supports "free variable", it would
become complicated if free variable is read inside a function. It is
uncommon and probably not good to read free variables when implementing R
functions. I suppose R built-in functions don't read free variables
(therefore don't depend on global variables). Could someone in the
development team confirm about that? Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Jiangtian