[Rd] (PR#9648) integer constants given by hexadecimal notation

Hin-Tak Leung hin-tak.leung at cimr.cam.ac.uk
Tue May 1 15:35:38 CEST 2007

ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk wrote:
> This works correctly on Linux.  The problem is that the author assumed
> that atof handles hexadecimal, which it does for a C99 compiler but not
> apparently on MinGW.
>
> We have a workaround for this in mkFloat, and need to use that for the 'L'
> suffix case too.

Kind of irrelevant, but this also works in R-win32 under wine on linux.
I suppose the problem isn't mingw per se but msvcrt (or is the Locale
relevant?)...

----------------------
 > 0x10L
[1] 16
 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.5.0 (2007-04-23)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:

attached base packages:
[1] "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices" "utils"     "datasets"  "methods"
[7] "base"