[Rd] Display list redraw incomplete

Roger Peng rdpeng at gmail.com
Fri May 4 16:35:41 CEST 2007

Since compiling R 2.5.0 from source on my Mac (PowerBook) I've noticed
some strange behavior when plotting.  I'm not sure if it's a problem
with my setup/compilation because I feel like a problem as basic as
this one would have been reported already.  I'm running R with X11 and
R was built with gcc 4.0.1.

Basically, I run

> plot(0, 0)
> dev.off()
X11
  4
Warning message:
Display list redraw incomplete

I don't think I've ever seen that warning before.  In addition to the
warning, two extra x11 devices are launched.  Same thing happens in
R-devel (r41438).  Any thoughts on what might be going on?

Thanks,
-roger
--
Roger D. Peng  |  http://www.biostat.jhsph.edu/~rpeng/