[Rd] Display list redraw incomplete

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com
Thu May 10 21:02:39 CEST 2007

On 5/10/07, Roger Peng <rdpeng at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just to follow up with a few more details on this problem (which
> persists on my PowerBook Mac but no where else).  I ran a bisection
> search on the sources and found that SVN revision 40634 introduces
> this problem.  This revision introduced quite a few changes to
> 'src/main/graphics.c' which I am just beginning to go through.
>
> GIven that I don't see this problem on my Linux box and only on the
> Mac, I'm tempted to think this is a compiler issue or perhaps some
> weird problem with my setup.  I noticed that I don't have the exact
> same gfortran compiler as recommended on
> http://r.research.att.com/tools/ but I don't see how that would cause
> a problem here.
> Otherwise, I am using gcc 4.0.1 which comes with Xcode.
>
> I will keep digging but any pointers would be appreciated.

For the record, I saw the same behaviour a few days back on PPC Linux,
but it was only inside my experimental GUI and not with the CLI. I
assumed it was a problem with my GUI code. The "Display list redraw
incomplete" message was intermittent, but the opening of the extra
windows was fairly consistent (but they popped up and then closed).

I don't remember the exact triggering mechanism, and I don't remember
seeing it recently. I can't reproduce it on my desktop, which is i486
Linux (according to R). I'll try the ppc when I get home.

-Deepayan