[Rd] Native implementation of rowMedians()

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Mon May 14 16:17:19 CEST 2007

We did think about this a lot, and decided it was better to have
something like rowQ, which really returns requested order statistics,
letting the user manipulate them on the return for their own version of
median, or other quantiles, was a better approach. I would be happy to
have this in R itself, if there is sufficient interest and we can remove
the one in Biobase (without the need for deprecation/defunct as long  as
the args are compatible). But, if the decision is to return a particular
estimate of a quantile, then we would probably want to keep our function
around, with its current name.

best wishes
   Robert

Robert Gentleman, PhD