[Rd] citation question

Ben Bolker bolker at zoo.ufl.edu
Wed May 16 21:01:31 CEST 2007

  I want to put the correct information into the "author" field
of the DESCRIPTION file for my bbmle package, which is a modified
and extended version of the mle code in the stats4 package.

  If I put only myself as author I feel like I'm ignoring the
contribution of R-Core (and I think Peter Dalgaard in particular)
in writing the original code.  If I add "R Development Core
Team" to the author list I feel I am suggesting that they
might be responsible for my changes.  Neither seems entirely
appropriate.

  Suggestions?

  Ben Bolker

PS this is my current DESCRIPTION file: