[Rd] relist, an inverse operator to unlist

Andrew Clausen clausen at econ.upenn.edu
Sat May 19 18:04:13 CEST 2007

Hi all,

For reasons I can't explain, the code I posted worked in my session, but didn't
work when I started a fresh one.  standardGeneric() seems to get confused
by defaults for missing arguments.  It looks for a "missing" method with
this code:

	relist <- function(flesh, skeleton=attr(flesh, "skeleton"))
	{
		standardGeneric("relist")
	}

I uploaded yet another new version that adds a wrapper that seems to
resolve standardGeneric()'s confusion like this:

	relist <- function(flesh, skeleton=attr(flesh, "skeleton"))
	{
		# need a wrapper, since standardGeneric gets confused by
		# default arguments.
		f <- function(flesh, skeleton) standardGeneric("relist")

		f(flesh, skeleton)
	}

Cheers,
Andrew