[Rd] Cannot install rsprng package (PR#9697)

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat May 19 21:23:45 CEST 2007

Please do NOT report bugs on add-on packages to r-bugs.

On 19 May 2007 at 00:14, fchen at zlanddpsasp.specmarkmet.com wrote:
| I cannot install the R package "rsprng" with the following error message:
|
| > install.packages("rsprng")
| trying URL 'http://www.stathy.com/cran/src/contrib/rsprng_0.3-4.tar.gz'
| Content type 'application/x-tar' length 35934 bytes
| opened URL
| ==================================================
| downloaded 35Kb
|
| * Installing *source* package 'rsprng' ...
| checking for gcc... gcc
[...]
| checking for sprng.h... no
| Cannot find sprng 2.0 header file.

You need to install the sprng library first, and do it in such a way that
configure for rsprng finds.  There are some daemons lurking there -- if it
helps, I also packaged both sprng and rsprng for Debian and you could look at
the package sources via any Debian mirror.  But then your task is harder
anyway as you are wrestling with a real Unix flavour and its bugs^Hfeatures.

Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison