[Rd] section needed in FAQ - Using R (PR#9698)

Ray Kiddy ray at ganymede.org
Mon May 21 19:56:55 CEST 2007

On May 21, 2007, at 5:59 AM, John Fox wrote:

> Dear Peter and Ray,
>
> I think that Ray's problem finding apropos is that "apropos" has
> one "p."
> Interestingly, help.search("appropos") (as suggested by Peter) is
> able to
> accommodate the spelling error.
>
> Regards,
>  John

> John Fox, Professor

Thanks for your information. I see I was spelling it wrong.

Can I make the suggestion that if one does "help(help)", which I
tried, that the page should mention "apropos". Perhaps in the "See
Also" section.

This was a mistake on my part, but documentation can be helpful in
response to user mistakes, rather than fragile.

thanx - ray