[Rd] [Bioc-devel] promptClass

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Mon May 28 12:52:47 CEST 2007

    MartinMo> promptClass fails to identify methods associated
    MartinMo> with the class. Here is a fix:

Thank you, Martin;
I've applied your patch to my working copy of R-devel,
and I can confirm it solves the problem for class "AffyBatch"
(from bioconductor package 'affy').

However it does not seem to fix the problem in my case:

  library(Matrix)
  promptClass("sparseMatrix")

which still produces a  sparseMatrix-class.Rd file which
contains

\section{Methods}{
No methods defined with class "sparseMatrix" in the signature.
}

so there's at least another bug there.
One difference:  "sparseMatrix" is a virtual class, "AffyBatch"
not, but then  showMethods(classes = "..") works for both.

I'd be glad if you have time to find another patch ;-) :-)

Martin Maechler