[Rd] dot in function name taken as S3 method by package check

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Mon Nov 5 21:48:21 CET 2007

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to update the locfit package so that it passes package check
in R 2.6.0.  However, the check seems to think some of the functions
with dot in the names are S3 methods (thus warns about the format of the
\usage{} part) when they are not.  Can anyone recommend a workaround for
this?  I tried reading R-exts, but couldn't find any hint.  I'd very
much appreciate any help!

Best,
Andy

Andy Liaw, PhD
Biometrics Research    PO Box 2000 RY33-300
Merck Research Labs        Rahway, NJ 07065
andy_liaw(a)merck.com          732-594-0820