[Rd] library path in Rd link

Adrian Dusa dusa.adrian at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 00:44:33 CET 2007

On Thursday 15 November 2007, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > Using as above:
> > \code{\link{anova}}
> >
> > the html help file directs to
> > file:///home/adi/myRlibrary/stats/html/anova.html
>
> I hope it is actually ../../stats/html/anova.html and the browser is
> interpreting that as a full URL.
>
> > instead of
> > file:///usr/lib/R/library/stats/html/anova.html
>
> But at run time help.start() creates links into a subdirectory of
> tempdir().  As in
>
> > help.start()

I got it.
Perhaps it would be useful to have another startup option, something like:
options(htmlLinksResolve=TRUE)

that one could use in the .First() function from .Rprofile

I tried using help.start() in .Rprofile, but it throws a (probably obvious)
error:
Error: could not find function "help.start"

For my personal purposes, all questions have been answered though.
Thank you very much,
Adrian

--
Adrian Dusa