[Rd] 2.6.1 scheduled for November 26

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Sun Nov 18 22:37:45 CET 2007

This is to announce that we plan to release R version 2.6.1 on Monday,
November 26, 2007.

The current experience is that beta releases receive very little end-user testing and that most bugs are not found until (shortly) after release. Accordingly, we have decided this time to skip the beta phase and go directly for one week of RC (Release Candidate) versions. The main bugs to get rid of are the scrollbare issue with Tcl/Tk on X11, the Windows issue of saving to PDF+PostScript. and build issues on Mac OSX Leopard.

The source tarballs will be made available daily (barring build troubles) by a cron job running at 4AM CET, and the tarballs can be picked up at

http://cran.r-project.org/src/base-prerelease/

a little later.

	For the Core Team
	Peter Dalgaard