[Rd] R CMD check problem on R 2.6.1 RC

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Thu Nov 22 18:16:59 CET 2007

On 11/22/2007 10:11 AM, Ulrike Grömping wrote:
 > Hi Duncan,
 >
 > yes, I am talking about a new version (currently called 1.99, to be
made 2.0 on release). I don't think I should attach the file in a note
to the list - should I ?

 > I've just attached the tar-file for you. Please let me know if I
should put it somewhere else.

Sending it to me was fine.  I hope you don't mind me taking the
conversation back to the list.

I don't get an error with 1.99 either, other than this one which isn't
your fault:

 > * checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... WARNING
 > Unknown encoding with non-ASCII data
 > Fields with non-ASCII values:
 >   Packaged
 > See the information on DESCRIPTION files in section 'Creating R
 > packages' of the 'Writing R Extensions' manual.

This came because R CMD build put the o-umlaut in your name into the
Packaged field, i.e. DESCRIPTION has this:

Packaged: Thu Nov 22 16:06:24 2007; Grömping

I would call this a bug in our build script, but not one that is serious
enough to fix before 2.6.1 gets released.

In the check log I see at least one use of svydesign with a warning but
no error:

 > ### create design with clusters
 > des <- svydesign(id=~subj,data=dat)
Warning in svydesign(id = ~subj, data = dat) :
   No weights or probabilities supplied, assuming equal probability

So I'd come back to guessing that you have survey installed in a
non-standard place, and R CMD check isn't finding it.

Duncan Murdoch