[Rd] Levy (PR#10469)

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Mon Nov 26 22:20:30 CET 2007

vincent.remacle at ulb.ac.be wrote:
> Full_Name: Vincent Remacle
> Version: 2.5.1

Please see the FAQs on how to report bugs. R-2.5.1 is two releases older
than required.

> OS: Windows XP
> Submission from: (NULL) (81.246.37.50)
>

>>  fit = vglm(x ~ 1, levy(idelta=2,igamma=2),trace=TRUE)

- What is x? We could not reproduce in case we need to.
- vglm() is not a function that ships with R.
Please tell us which contributed packages you are using (I am assuming
VGAM).
- Please note that bugs in contributed packages are to be reported to
the package maintainers, not to R-bugs.

> Error: cannot allocate vector of size 30.5 Mb
> In addition: Warning messages:
> 1: NaNs produced in: log(x)
> 2: Reached total allocation of 1015Mb: see help(memory.size) in: colnames(qr$qr)
> <- colnames(x)[qr$pivot]
> 3: Reached total allocation of 1015Mb: see help(memory.size) in: colnames(qr$qr)
> <- colnames(x)[qr$pivot]
> 4: Reached total allocation of 1015Mb: see help(memory.size) in: colnames(qr$qr)
> <- colnames(x)[qr$pivot]
> 5: Reached total allocation of 1015Mb: see help(memory.size) in: colnames(qr$qr)
> <- colnames(x)[qr$pivot]

Why do you think that it is a bug in R (or a contributed packages) that
you do not have the required amount of RAM in your machine?

Uwe Ligges