[Rd] reading and writing to Google spreadsheets

Farrel Buchinsky fjbuch at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 05:05:30 CET 2007

Have you ever collaborated? Google Spreadsheets is fantastic to
collaborate with. Rather than sending excel spreadsheets backwards and
forwards, I would rather use shared Google Spreadsheets. I do not want
the intermediate step of exporting a Google Spreadsheet as an xls
file. I do not know how to make use of the Google Spreadsheet API
(http://code.google.com/apis/spreadsheets/overview.html)
but from the little knowledge that I have I can see that this would be
the way to enable R to talk to Google. How much work would it be for
this to be incorporated into RODBC?

Google Spreadsheets has some phenomenal functionality that uses Google
Search engine to populate the columns in a spreadsheet with data. Can
you imagine the power of using the Spreadsheet to get the data and R
to merge it with ones own research data and then analyze the merged
data.

Check this http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2007/11/connecting-data-using-google.html

--
Farrel Buchinsky