[Rd] to overcome error while computing sd for each subset of data (PR#9931)

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Mon Oct 1 17:28:51 CEST 2007

anjalishitole wrote:

> Full_Name: Anjali Shitole
> Version: R 2.5.1
> OS:
> Submission from: (NULL) (202.141.157.91)
>
>   [snip]
>
> Please help me to overcome this error.

  Dear Mr. Shitole,

 * this problem is not a bug, please don't post it as such
 * this problem is inappropriate for the r-devel list, which is for
technical questions
and discussion about the workings of R, not for questions about specific
analyses
 * please read the posting guide (URL listed in every message posted),
provide
a reproducible example, and resubmit your question to r-help
 * hint: the third argument to aggregate needs to be a function, further
optional
arguments can be specified.  sd(x) is not a function.  sd is.

 sincerely
    Ben Bolker