[Rd] R-2.6.0 package check problems

Robin Hankin r.hankin at noc.soton.ac.uk
Tue Oct 9 10:16:37 CEST 2007

On 5 Oct 2007, at 15:47, Robin Hankin wrote:

> Hello
>

> One of my packages, untb_1.3-2, passes R CMD check under
> MacOSX (and apparently the systems used in the package check
> summary page on CRAN) but fails with the following message on
> R-2.6.0.tgz compiled last night on my (home) linux box.  I hasten
> to add that I have never seen this error before on home-compiled
> pre-releases of R-2.6.0.
>
> Can anyone help me understand what is going on?

thanks everyone.   My problems were solved by following Peter D's
(offline) suggestion to update all the dependencies: he noted that
log() became generic in R-2.6.0; untb depends on Brobdingnag,
the newest version of which tests for log() being generic [using
isGeneric("log")] and executes different code
depending on the answer.

crisis over!

--
Robin Hankin