[Rd] Error on saving graphics as ps-files with R 2.6.0 (PR#9960)

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Fri Oct 12 19:01:20 CEST 2007

johannes.schauer at tugraz.at wrote:
> Full_Name: Johannes Schauer
> Version: 2.6.0
> OS: Windows XP Professional
> Submission from: (NULL) (129.27.154.7)
>

> When I want to save graphics (hist, boxplot, plot, ...) as ps-files in R 2.6.0 I
> get an error message stating "Invalid font type" with "font family not found in
> PostScript font database". I used to work with R 2.5.1 and R 2.5.0 and it seems
> to be a new problem.

This has already been fixed in r-patched an reported several times.
Please read the NEWS files and the mailing list archives.

I am really surprised that so many people are using the menu (and hence
copying devices) rather than starting from a clean postscript device
(which is always preferable). No developer does so I guess and nobody
else seems to have looked into the alpha/beta versions or release
candidates of R-2.6.0...

Uwe Ligges