[Rd] package Geneland / Rgui under windows

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Mon Oct 15 16:06:33 CEST 2007

Gilles GUILLOT wrote:
> Hi,
> I experienced a problem with the package Geneland under R 2.6.0
> with  windows XP professional.
>
> The commands below should simulate a dataset,
> then make an MCMC simulation stored in tempdir().
>
> It works with R 2.5.1 (both GUI and command line)
> It works with the command line of R 2.6.0
> but not with the R GUI of 2.6.0: no output file is created in tempdir()
> and R remains frozen.
> I reported it as a bug
> (PR#9964)  but did not get any feed back.

I think the general rule-of-thumb is to contact the package author for
problems with individual packages.  Many package authors read this list,
but there are probably some that do not.  Sometimes problems with
individual packages are actually bugs in R, but I would say that this is
not usually the case.  However, the package author is probably the best
person to make this judgment.

Sean