[Rd] append/concatenate an element to a list in C-language

Tony Plate tplate at acm.org
Fri Oct 19 04:07:05 CEST 2007

This sounds like it could be dangerous, but if you're sure it's
necessary and you know what you are doing, you could investigate whether
the "pairlist" internal structure might enable you to do this (AFAIK, a
"pairlist" is a traditional linked-list data structure).  In general,
pairlists seem to be used very little, and I've never seen their use
encouraged, so I would be very cautious.  You can read more about
"pairlists" under ?pairlist, in the R-internals manual, and in the
source starting at src/include/Rinternals.h (look for "LISTSXP").

-- Tony Plate