[Rd] Windows fixed/etc/Makeconf SHELL incorrect?

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Sat Oct 20 14:49:53 CEST 2007

D:\mtmorgan\src\R-devel>bin\R CMD config CC
make: /bin/sh: Command not found
make: ** [print] Error 127
make: /bin/sh: Command not found
make: ** [print] Error 127

D:\mtmorgan\src\R-devel>bin\R CMD config CC

This is on a system where cygwin and Rtools (from your installer) are
under c:/usr (rather than the more usual location for cygwin directly
under c:/). The system has seen many cooks over the years, and there
could well be a misconfiguration somewhere else. PATH (e.g., to make,
sh, ar) seem to point to the right location, versions seem to be
correct, and changing SHELL to sh remedies the situation.

Thanks,

Martin