[Rd] R can't source() long lines (PR#10383)

martin.kober at gmail.com martin.kober at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 11:20:13 CET 2007

On 10/30/07, Prof Brian Ripley <ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> This is as documented in ?source, and so is not a bug.
Indeed. You are of course correct, sorry I missed that.

What still remains is that dump() creates a file that won't source,
without warning or stopping (since the output is basically useless).
Note that ?dump states that "A warning is issued if it is likely that
problems will arise" (in different context, but still).

Best Regards