[Rd] vignette optional sections.

Paul Gilbert pgilbert at bank-banque-canada.ca
Wed Oct 31 16:47:07 CET 2007

I am writing a vignette that can run certain things on some systems but
needs to skip them on other systems. (Some sections need databases that
will not always be available.) Wrapping things in an if(){} partly
works. It gives fairly ugly examples and all printing gets delayed until
the end of the if.  However, if the block produces a graphic, and I have
{fig=TRUE} so in the case where the database is available the graphic is
included in the vignette pdf, then the pdf generation fails in the case
where the graphic is not produced.

Does anyone have suggestions for a nice solution to this?

Thanks,
Paul Gilbert

La version française suit le texte anglais.