[Rd] "could not find function" in R CMD check

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Wed Sep 12 02:02:53 CEST 2007

During R CMD check I get this:
** building package indices ...
Error in eval(expr, envir, enclos) : could not find function
"readingError"
Execution halted
ERROR: installing package indices failed

The check aborts there.  readingError is a function I just added; for
reference
setClass("readingError", contains="matrix")
readingError <- function(...) new("readingError", matrix(...))
which is in readingError.R in the project's R subdirectory.

Some code in the data directory invokes readingError, and the .Rd file
includes \alias{readingError}, \alias{readingError-class},
\name{readingError-class} and an example invoking readingError.

I'm using R 2.5.1 as packaged for Debian GNU/Linux.

Does anyone have an idea what's going wrong here, or how to fix or debug
it?

The code seems to work OK when I use it from ESS.
--
Ross Boylan                                      wk:  (415) 514-8146
185 Berry St #5700                               ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Dept of Epidemiology and Biostatistics           fax: (415) 514-8150
University of California, San Francisco
San Francisco, CA 94107-1739                     hm:  (415) 550-1062