[Rd] Building an R GUI using gWidgets and RGtk2

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 01:11:54 CEST 2007

A fourth approach would be the proto package.  It provides a thin
layer over environments making use of the prototype (aka object-based)
style of programming which is fundamental different relative to
class-based programming (although it is powerful enough to encompass
class based programming).  The gsubfn package uses proto objects
as generalizations of replacement strings that hold state from one replacement
to the next.  An application that may be closer to yours that uses proto
is ggplot2 which is a recent grid-based plotting package.  The home page is at
   http://r-proto.googlecode.com .
See the paper on prototype programming linked on the home page as well
as the package vignette.