[Rd] r cmd build

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Sun Sep 16 14:55:19 CEST 2007

On 15/09/2007 10:27 PM, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
> On Windows Vista hhc.exe is not available.  One can do this on an
> install:
>
> rcmd install --docs=normal myPackage
>
> to avoid the message about hhc.exe; however,
> "rcmd build" does not appear to support --docs=normal so one cannot
> do a build without getting a message about hhc.exe (although the build
> still proceeds).

Are you talking about "build --binary"?  I recommend using "install
--build" instead.  AFAIK a non-binary build doesn't make any use of hhc.

Another way to do an install or build without getting that message is to
indicate in src/gnuwin32/MkRules that you don't want to build CHM help.

Duncan Murdoch