[Rd] r cmd build

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Sun Sep 16 16:44:05 CEST 2007

Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
> The Writing Extensions manual says to do an R CMD build for releases
> to CRAN.  That's what I have been doing and that does produce a .tar.gz
> file even though I get a message about hhc.exe.  Is that what I should continue
> to do and ignore the message or should I be using one of the alternatives
> you mention to create a .tar.gz release file on Vista?

Well, to produce a tar.gz, it is not required to have hhc.exe. It might
happen that vignettes are created and therefore the package is installed
for this purpose (and hhc is used to produce some help pages -
temporarily). When hhc is not found at that place, just ignore it, the
resulting .tar.gz should really be fine.

Uwe Ligges