[Rd] Aggregate factor names

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 18:51:45 CEST 2007

You can do this too:

aggregate(iris[-5], iris["Species"], mean)

or this:

with(iris, aggregate(iris[-5], data.frame(Species), mean))

or this:

attach(iris)
aggregate(iris[-5], data.frame(Species), mean)

The point is that you already don't have to write x = x.  The only
reason you are writing it that way is that you are using list instead
of data.frame.  Just use data.frame or appropriate indexing as shown.