[Rd] R-uthreads?

Andrew Piskorski atp at piskorski.com
Thu Apr 3 16:36:40 CEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 11:58:34AM -0500, Luke Tierney wrote:
> Subject: Re: [Rd] callCC in 2.7.0

> Some of us worked on something along these lines a while back in a
> branch called R-uthreads, but the cost of converting to that
> approach and the overhead of maintaining it seemed too high for the
> benefit, at least at the time.

Luke, could you say a bit more about R-uthreads, what your ideas,
goals, and conclusions there were?

I see the old R-uthreads branch in svn (looks like it was based on R
1.4 back in Aug. 2001), but I couldn't find any summary discussion,
and I can't tell much just from looking at "src/main/uthreads.c".

--
Andrew Piskorski <atp at piskorski.com>
http://www.piskorski.com/